[Dixielandjazz] The 100 most important American Songs of the 20th Century

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 13 17:16:36 PDT 2004

Jazzjerry at aol.com at Jazzjerry at aol.com wrote: (polite snip)

> Just had a look at the list and in general it would seem an excellent
> selection covering a pretty wide spectrum of music. It seems to be a better
> reflection of 'important' American Music than some of those farcical lists
> published to
> 'celebrate' the millennium a few years ago.

I am 100% with you on this one Jerry. Your answer, to my eyes at least, is
by far the most intelligent response on the DJML that I've seen.

Isn't it amazing how some other folks offer opinions without seeing the list
and therefore without any knowledge, what so ever, of the thread? Just
proves once again that ignorance is bliss.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone