[Dixielandjazz] Loud Bass

Russ Guarino russg at redshift.com
Sun Sep 12 21:28:32 PDT 2004

The Hot Jazz Society in Monterey had a guest band today that did something I've
never seen a "Dixie" type band do before.

The would do a really soft chorus.  And I mean soft.

Additionally, the bass [stand up] was unamped but could be clearly heard.  The
banjo was played with a crystal clean tone, no slap.

Coronet, T-bone, clarinet, banjo, bass, drums & piano.  All in balance.

Gee it sounded great!!!

The band was the San Francisco Feetwarmers.

Russ Guarino