[Dixielandjazz] Loud Bass

Thompson rebecca.e.thompson at verizon.net
Sun Sep 12 17:30:01 PDT 2004

 Jim and I were in Fritzel's in New Orleans one night the bass player (not
Pat!) had his amp turned up so loud that it hurt our ears.  If any of you
have been there, you know the venue is small and really no need for the
music, especially the bass, to be that loud.  We attempted to tell the
player and he would "play" with the controls, but never brought the sound
down so that it didn't interfere with sound coming from the other players.

Do you think musicians loose their hearing and just don't realize how loud
they are playing?

Rebecca Thompson
Flower Mound, TX