[Dixielandjazz] Leaders and instructions

Patrick Cooke patcooke at cox.net
Sat Sep 11 23:27:12 PDT 2004

Too much of anything is.....too much.  I guess it depends of the sensitivity
and/or personality of the players and the leaders.  I have to admit I
haven't played for an irritating leader in a long time, but I remember one
leader I worked for some years ago.  I just had to quit...he was a
relentless nit picker.  If he been a better musician, I may have had more
respect for him, but I just couldn't deal with him any more.  It was
laughable at first, but it did get tiresome after a while.
    Pat Cooke