[Dixielandjazz] Turk Murphy Discography

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Sep 10 11:39:56 PDT 2004

DJMLers and others--
     Just got the following message from Dottie Lawless, who was the
wonderful person (and not just for this) who sent me a photocopy of
the Turk Murphy discography.
     The discography was compiled by Walt Johansson (PO Box 65612,
Ocean View, HI 96737).  Dottie also said that Mr. Johansson considers
his discography incomplete, as it does not include several years'
worth of radio-broadcasts (sponsored by See's Candies) nor private
recordings by others (including Bob Schulz).
     Last week i mailed a letter (yes, printed on actual paper, which
i believe is still available at certain antiquarian stores) to Mr.
Johansson about his discography, and in it i asked if he has a
computer-readable version of it on diskette or CD that i might cajole
him into sending me (for which i would of course reimburse him), but
i haven't heard back from him yet. I'm loathe to make photocopies of
my copy of the discography and redistribute it, at least until i hear
from him.  If you want a copy, i assume that Mr. Johansson wouldn't
mind your requesting one from him.
     Anyway, that's the info.  Many many thanks to Dottie for sharing
this treasure with us and to Mr. Johansson for creating it.

     Dan

--
**  Dan Augustine    Austin, Texas   ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu     **
**    "If at first you don't succeed, try, try, and try again.  Then  **