[Dixielandjazz] Weddings & Jazz Bands

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 9 21:52:27 PDT 2004

I always get a kick out of the "wedding" song requests that are posted on
the DJML. We just got this one from a prospective client

Hi Steve

You guys played at my sister's wedding reception about 2 years ago in York,
PA and I thought you were fantastic. I was wondering a few things...(Then
proceeds to go over the ceremony/reception details and how much they want
our jazz band etc.) THEN:

One more question...we want our wedding song to be a version of 'Over the
Rainbow' by a guy called IZ (Hawaaiin/Reggae type). Is that something you
guys would be willing/able to do?

Anybody got a lead sheet for the IZ version?

Just kidding, what I do in a case like this is tell them we can easily do
the song, but probably not like IZ (I've never heard it). Then I offer to
play the IZ version CD on my CD player and send it through the sound system
for their dance. Works like a charm every time.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone