[Dixielandjazz] Re: listening to OKOM is absolutely essential

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Sep 9 16:20:13 PDT 2004

Dear Steve me ole mate,
I am will not be drawn into this current one from you.
Others better qualified than me will reply, I am certain.
However, your comment that you: "... have already learned all the lessons
that Johnny Dodds, Eddie Miller, Larry Shields, Leon Rappollo, Alphonse
Picou, Albert Nicholas, George Lewis, Sidney Bechet and all the others of
that time can teach me" reminded me of a great line from cltist Bill Wood
quoted in an article in the Winter 2004 issue of the IAJRC Journal.
"Ben Webster taught  me everything I know, but he hasn't taught me
everything he knows."
8>)
Very kind regards,
Bill.