[Dixielandjazz] Re: Graeme Bell

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Sep 9 15:32:33 PDT 2004

Dear Phil,
Wow! You MUST have had too much to drink last night!
The rhythm section for the Graeme Bell Reunion Band is (note correct
spellings) David Blenkhorn, gtr/bjo (6 string); Dieter Vogt, sb; & Lawrie
Thompson, d/wb.
And you a rhythm-man too!
Sydney gets the concert on Friday night at 8 pm, 17th Sept. and Sunday arvo
at 2 pm, 19th Sept.
As Graeme has borrowed DJML listmate, Jack Wiard, clt; from our little pub
band for the Sunday, we will be using Trevor Rippingale, cl/as; from the New
Wolverine Jazz Orch.
B&W Music have issued a fine 22 track (77.08 min) CD (recorded on 27/28
April 2004) to coincide with Graeme's 90th birthday celebrations.
Get it while it's hot!
Disclaimer: I have no financial interest in the CD, but did contribute to
the album notes.
Very kind regards,
Bill.