[Dixielandjazz] DVDs

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Thu Sep 9 09:31:47 PDT 2004

I'm feeling quite pleased with myself today. Every week I am hauled off by
spouse to the local supermarket to help with the grocery shopping (Mary says
that she never learned how to drive, but I think she's lying) and today DVDs
were on offer, two for five pounds.

Searching among the torrid sex and shoot-em-up titles in the "Adult" section
I found just one copy each of The Fabulous Dorseys (which contains the
famous Tatum clip) and The Man With The Golden Arm. With a light heart and a
spring in my step, bearing my bargains I got halfway back to the car before
I remembered that Mary was still roaming around among the cabbages and
ketchup.

Rashly perhaps I have magnanimously volunteered to do all the grocery
shopping in future, an offer which Mary regards with deep suspicion.

John Farrell