[Dixielandjazz] Ride Cymbals

Fred Spencer drjz at bealenet.com
Thu Sep 9 08:51:56 PDT 2004

Dear Steve et al.,
With a further apology for pedantry, but I am a "bookaholic", "The Cymbals
Book" by Hugo Pinksterboer contains two pages of a ten page chapter on
"History", about ride cymbals, and says that Dave Tough and Gene Krupa
played a distinct part in its use, which practically did not occur until
after 1945. This is an extraordinary book. For more details, "Google" the
author. Cheers.
Fred