[Dixielandjazz] Re: Turk Murphy recording

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Sep 8 16:37:57 PDT 2004

Dear Phil,
Regarding your comment: >Isn't it rare to have Turk listed with his
ORCHESTRA?<
It is indeed. My several discographal sources do not use the term
'Orchestra' for this LP.
This information came from Tony Orr's original email on the subject when he
quoted:  45 single record of TURK MURPHY and His Orchestra "Georgia Bo
Bo/The Yellow Dog Blues".
Perhaps one of our DJMLers with the Verve MGV 1015 'Turk Murphy Murphy Live
At Easy Street' LP album can check it out for us.
Maybe the term 'Orchestra' was only used on the Danish issue EP that Tony
has on loan
Very kind regards,
Bill.
.