[Dixielandjazz] Re: Mutes

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Tue Sep 7 21:43:05 PDT 2004

ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu writes:

>    That's it!  Y'all have persuaded me.
>    The next gig i play i'm definitely bringing my tuba mute!
> (Admittedly it was, in a former life, a recidivist wastebasket with
> regrettable McCarthyesque tendencies, but after enough appropriate
> tours in the Neo-Reformation Re-Education system under Governor
> Schwarzenegger it has emerged fully congruent with the sound ideal of
> the In-Sink-er-ator paradigm.  And not a minute too soon, either, as
> i was starting to lean toward the subtle sonorances of WeedWhacker on
> steroids.)
>    You can't really appreciate authentic 'Traditional Jazz'
> (whatever the hell that is) until you've heard "Someday Sweetheart"
> with the main melody played on a muted tuba.  (Detractors--soon may
> they be worm's-meat--may contend that the mute was not nearly
> absolute enough and allowed some sound, tragically, to escape.  Yeah,
> tough noogies.  Deal with it.)
>
>    Dan

Try as I might none of my translater programs will translate this monologue
of monolithic dialog into plain ole Hillbilly Texas Engrish, but I am indeed
Empressed beyond any recognizeable royalty.

The severability of the situation however me thinks lies somewhere
perpendicular to the situmanation that the disorderly perpetrude of the mere thought of
the ghastly horror of muting a Tuba sends waves of shock upon my pyschotic
nerve endings between the places that they begin and end, I suppose that would be
somewhere nearabouts middle C.

I would rather be  shaven of all my Public hair and sent to the electric
chair and juiced beyond repair.

I will however be quick to purchase the CD upon release.

Cheers,

It must be rather hot in Austin tonight and the Lone Star is kickin' in.

Tom Wiggins

A tuba with a Mute, now that my frineds is a Hoot!