[Dixielandjazz] Cloddish bass players

john petters johnpetters at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Sep 7 00:45:34 PDT 2004

Butch said
> My personal favorite was a guy who turned up his bass amp to a deafening
roar

Yes isn't it amazing that the band can start a one volume level and within a
chorus the amped up will start twiddling. Dynamics these days is about knob
twiddling, it used to be about playing the instrument louder or quieter.
Dynamics these days means start loud and end up deafening.....
John Petters
Amateur Radio Station G3YPZ
www.traditional-jazz.com