[Dixielandjazz] To chart or not to chart

Arnold Day arnieday at optonline.net
Sat Sep 4 17:18:50 PDT 2004

But Jim Dapogny can put together a small, fully impovising group anytime
someone wants to hire them, such as at my daughter's wedding in Ann Arbor 3
years ago. They call themselves the Chicago 4, 5, 6, or 7 as appropriate!
He's a fantastic pianist and his groups are among the best playing OKOM
today. Plays regularly at a place in Ann Arbor (Bird Of Paradise Lounge?)
with both small "Dixieland" groups and a stunning 1920s 'Hot Dance Band.'
Arn