[Dixielandjazz] Sorry folks:Spellchecked version

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Thu Sep 2 14:45:51 PDT 2004

Sorry folks, I forgot to hit spellchecker before sending the former post this
one should be easier to read, doing many things at once here and wrote this
one on the fly.

Tom Wiggins

Hi Folks:

Guys like Steve Barbone and myself have been preaching marketing and self
promotion for artists and groups and festivals for a long time on this list
now.
  The below website will give many of your a real journalistic look at what
we have been trying to tell you in our posts.

Now here a well respected jazz PR person has written a series of articles
about what is happening or not happening in Jazz as we have been telling you.

Rather than take exerpts from it and pass them on daily it is best that you
find the time to go to the website and read it first hand.

One article has a lot to say about Politics and Jazz and will no doubt upset
some of you, but the overall truth lies within it no matter what your
political alliance might be.

This guy deals with Reality in the business as do guys like Steve Barbone and

myself, the rest of it is just hobbyist notions of how things should be in
the
business.

Ya gotta get out of bed early and go to bed very late to stay on top of
what's going on in the music world, especially if you want to be a part of
the REAL
MUSIC world.

check out:

http://blog.allaboutjazz.com/

You will find a lot of fascinating information here that will also answer a
lot of other questions that keep cropping up on the list about  strange
emails,
spam.

Cheers, and enjoy, it is long so I suggest bookmarking it so you can come
back to it for pertinent information that you might want to keep.

Tom Wiggins