[Dixielandjazz] Comics, Jazz, Lincoln Center Acoustics in one review.

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Sat Oct 23 11:43:36 PDT 2004

In a message dated 10/23/04 6:47:37 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

> The humor of the Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra's set stayed mostly on the
> nudge-wink frequency. The band is still settling into the acoustical
> properties of its new Rose Theater and played a lot of its set with
> remarkable quietness. The great news is that you can hear everything, from
> Eric Lewis's softest piano notes to Herlin Riley's subtlest brush detail on
> the drums.
>

> Ssssss wunnerful, and it sounds like the Center is indeed a work of ART at
it's highest level created no doubt to give Jazz some high level Class
recognition in Nuevo York.

But speaking of humor there, Do you suppose they will play prerecorded
soundtracks through the PA of clinking cocktail glasses and blow artificial smoke
into the theater to simulate the ambiance and mood for OKOM?  And will they have
a glass cased display of famous Trombone players toilet plunger mutes? How
about a washboard display, we certainly should not let them omit the true
essence of Jazz now should we?

Someone shouldth protest loudly me thinks  Dahling!
They should after all keep it REAL lest they actually turn Jazz into
Classical music played to more tuxedos in the audience than on the stage.  :))
SHHUUSSH  No talking in the Library of Jazz.  No fun allowed here go to the Cajun
joint if you wanna get rowdy after the performance of Opus 187,  this club is
for expensive and  Serious Jazz.

:))

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins