[Dixielandjazz] "police" & rules - was Watch Your Back - was haiku

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Fri Oct 22 17:45:09 PDT 2004

I am on another list where haikus are often generated after someone
important dies. There have been long discussions on that list about the
true structure and reasoning behind this particular form of composition
- I think the best website that gets into the whole story is:
http://www.ahapoetry.com/keirule.htm  but there are many other places
that explain why (or why not) using 5-7-5 structure is the essence of
the non-Japanese language haiku...

anyway, this thread is great!

Dave Richoux
On Oct 22, 2004, at 5:06 PM, Steve barbone wrote:

> on 10/22/04 7:31 PM, Bill Gunter at jazzboard at hotmail.com wrote:
> See my comments in the body of his message, if interested.
>
>> Listmates,
>>
>> Steve B. broke a Haiku rule when he wrote:
>>
>>> What Is This Thing Called
>>> Love I Can't Give You Anything
>>> Butt Love Careless Love

snip