[Dixielandjazz] Clarinet Haiku

Russ Guarino russg at redshift.com
Thu Oct 21 13:13:26 PDT 2004

Clarinet guys,

I encourage you to go to Ben Armato's web site and check out his "Reed
Wizard" and instruction booklet.  Use Google and put in "Ben Armato Reed
Wizard".  First offering is the one you want.

Following his guidance, you will never have another bad reed.  Trust me
on this, I do not lie. Sure, it will cost you a buck or two, but well
worth it.

Barbone, do you know about this?

Buy a box of quality reeds, in your normal strength, and then do the
magic.

Ben's product gets the reed re-cut to a perfect parabola and then you
can make adjustments as needed.

I was amazed how well his stuff worked.  He is an older guy now, but his
knowledge is a resource  we do not want to loose.

Russ Guarino, Clarinetist extraordinare.