[Dixielandjazz] Girl Singers & Pianists

Harold Smith s3856lpa at webtv.net
Tue Oct 19 12:20:32 PDT 2004

A joke I just saw goes this way:

Chick singer is set to audition for a night club gig, and hires a
pianist to accompany her.  She sings a few tunes quite well, and the
club owner says, "I like your style, dear.  I have one request.  If you
can sing "When Sunny Gets Blue", I'll hire you on the spot.  It is my
favorite tune."

Chick turns to pianist and softy says, "I only know part of this song.
I'm afraid I'll mess it up."  Pianist replies, "Don't worry about it
honey.  I'll help you get through it."

So they begin the une.  Shorty into it, the girl turns to the pianist
with a questioning look for help.

The pianist nods, smiles, and confidently says, "B flat minor 7th."

Regards, OKOMers, Harold Smith