[Dixielandjazz] JAZZ AT LINCOLN CENTER

Rob McCallum rakmccallum at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 15 07:48:22 PDT 2004

Hi all,

WOW is right.  This is an incredible project.  If you go to the NY Times Web
site, there's a picture taken in the smaller theatre.  The back drop is just
a huge picture window overlooking New York.  What a great way to see a jazz
concert, with the lights of Manhattan twinkling in the background.  The way
this center was constructed and thought out makes it possible to present
jazz in so many different ways.    In addition, the site is right on
Columbus Circle in a new double-tower skyscraper with shopping, restaurants,
businesses etc.  I walked by there a few weeks back--it's in an excellent
happening high-profile location.  There's also a large stylish Jazz at
Lincoln Center sign over the entrance.

Regardless of what you think about Wynton's perspective, this is a big thing
and would never have happened without him.  Also, as shown in the article,
the artistic vision there is becoming more diverse.

All the best,
Rob McCallum