[Dixielandjazz] New Orleans

Louis Lince louislince at neworleansmusic.demon.co.uk
Sun Oct 10 10:21:44 PDT 2004

I can only echo listmate Sue Fischer's comments. I have visited New Orleans
every year for the last 25 years and still find good music. Not only OKOM
but Cajun, Zydeco, R&B (in the old sense). I agree with John Farrell about
the lack of recognition of various spots, but this is being rectified.
Cosima Mattassa's old studio has a plaque, as does the Royal Street
birthplace of Danny Barker, and the Algiers walkway of fame does have a
series of named pioneers of the music.

One does have to take advice from the locals (In John's case it was the
wonderful Steve Pistorius)  Just go visit with open ears and eyes.

Louis