[Dixielandjazz] was Jazz 1919 - Piracy-Proof recording format!

Elazar Brandt jazzmin at actcom.net.il
Sun Oct 10 00:48:41 PDT 2004

Shalom jazz fans,

Unfortunately, I think Tom is right.

I remember my Dad's first car, a 1953 Buick Roadmaster sedan. It had no locks on
the doors or on the ignition. You started it by pushing a button. Locks were an
optional extra. It was parked in the street in front of our home or in town
through years of normal use, and never got touched by anyone with ill intent.

Yet in those days, there was far less theft, of cars, and I dare say of musical
recordings, than there is today, despite hi-tech state of the art alarms, locks
and anti-piracy systems. What is needed, apparently, are better humans.

Musical content: "Those Were the Days".

Elazar