[Dixielandjazz] USAF Band Looking for European Festival Opportunities

Steve Collins Jr. stevecollinsjr at t-online.de
Sat Oct 2 01:40:44 PDT 2004

Greetings,

For those of you who don't know me (I've been mostly lurking since the early
days of this list), I'm leader of the United States Air Forces in Europe
"Wings of Dixie" band.from Sembach Air Base (near Kaiserslautern and
Ramstein) Germany and was formerly a member of the (now defunct) USAF
Reserve "Dixie Express" band for 12 years.  I'm looking for performance
opportunities for my band pretty much anywhere in Europe, including parts of
Africa and the Middle East.

We tour about 2 weeks a month but play mostly for military engagements. I'm
looking to get more involved with the public, and the festival scene seems a
great way to go.  It's great to get out and play for the public and for us
to get to listen to and rub elbows with other musicians and further hone our
craft.  Any insights into good (whatever that means) festivals or contacts
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for all the help I know I'll receive from this great list.

Sincerely,

Technical Sergeant Steve Collins, Jr.
trumpet
Non-commissioned Officer in Charge, Wings of Dixie
United States Air Forces in Europe Band
Sembach, Germany