[Dixielandjazz] Ernie Carson

Plectrum Joe plecjo at netscape.net
Sat Nov 27 20:56:43 PST 2004

It sounds like Ernie has found Jazz Musicians' heaven, assuming there
are some nice waitresses working at the bar and, he can easily walk to
his apartment. He might stand to rake in a lot of coin and self
satisfaction from the lawsuits. Let's hope so.

He also recorded with the Original Salty Dogs at the Premier Studio in
St Louis. He came in to do 2nd cornet. Carol Leigh did vocals. Ron
Halstead, dear departed listmate from Oz produced the recording which is
still available from Bill Armstrong. I took a heap of pictures in the
studio but, the flash didn't work properly. Bugger!

PJ