[Dixielandjazz] Re: jazz standards

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Nov 25 20:47:33 PST 2004

Jim (c: DJMLers)--
     Welcome.  David Littlefield ('Sheik') has a good list on one of
his websites of basic 'must know' tunes:
http://www.cpcug.org/user/dwlit/ (click on the 'Dixieland Basic tune
list' link in the left frame).
     He also has a number of other goodies on that site, in addition
to being the author of one of the best dixieland fake-books (click on
"Playing Swing and 30s 2-beat music" and at the bottom of the page
under 'Resources', click on the link "Dixieland Fake Book").
     Of course, one of the best ways to learn the tunes is to play
them with others.  Where are you located?  There may be others in
your city (maybe even some on this list) you could play with.

     Dan