[Dixielandjazz] Re: Sad News

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Nov 25 18:02:35 PST 2004

     Lowell Miller also played with the Assunto Dukes of Dixieland,
and does a very fine solo (possibly his own arrangement?) on "The
Whiffenpoof Song" on their "On Campus" LP, one of the best tuba solos
in the 1950s.  I memorized it and have played along with it for
years.  Always wondered what had happened to him, what other bands he
played with, but i never heard of any others.  He will not be
forgotten.

     Dan