[Dixielandjazz] Mini- F2F in So. Cal

Jan Nichols hotjazzcornet at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 25 09:07:10 PST 2004

Listies

Last weekend, the Old Town Jazz Band (blatant self-promotion) needed a sub on the reed book.  On a lark, I called Dick Broadie over in Palm Springs and he was happy to play with us again.  On Saturday, Dick amazed us all with his recently acquired soprano sax at a gig for the local railroad museum.  On Sunday, the OTJB played for the monthly Dance Party for the Palm Springs jazz club (Dick's home club).  Needless to say, I told him to bring his instrument and plan to sit in.  What a great weekend of hot jazz.  I'm glad that Bob Romans couldn't convince Dick to move to Lodi.......

Jan Nichols
Left-coast Cornetist
Old Town Jazz Band
hotjazzcornet at earthlink.net