[Dixielandjazz] Jazz in Charleston

Rick Knittel knittelsportland at juno.com
Tue Nov 23 16:26:42 PST 2004

Hello Listmates

My oldest daughter is planning on a small wedding in Charleston, SC in
October of next year and has asked me if I know of any jazz clubs in that
city. I have been there once but a long time ago and do not remember
going to any at the time. I remember once hearing Charlie Spivak in
Greenville at a place called the Fireside but that is almost 300 miles
away. Charleston is much closer (only about 70 miles away) to Savannah
which would be another city in which I would like to locate jazz clubs.

I would appreciate it very much if any of you know about such clubs
(especially but not necessarily OKOM) there, that you might be kind
enough to let me know (on or off list) about them.

Rick Knittel - JAZZBONE
37 Ship Channel Road; South Portland, Maine 04106-5136
Phone; (207)-741-2407; fax 2409; Cell: (207)-233-3480;
E-mail; Knittelsportland at juno.com; Winter Office; 7657 Bergamo Ave;
Sarasota, FL 34238; Phone/Fax; (941)-924-5186