[Dixielandjazz] Sacramento Jazz Jubilee

grace perrine gtp7 at cox.net
Fri Nov 19 14:56:31 PST 2004

Hello:

I am the Youth Band coordinator for the Sacramento Jazz Jubilee. I have held
this voluntary position for 13 years.  The Youth Band line up has gone from
a few California bands to 16 bands from all over the US and Canada.  We have
had as many as 25 bands but have cut back in light of the budget tightening
measures we are experiencing.  We have bands from Middle Schools, High
Schools and Colleges.

I wonder if you would spread the word that I am always looking for young
musicians playing music of the first 50 years of jazz (1890-1940) in a combo
format of no more than ten people.  We pay them a travel stipend, give them
free housing for the Jubilee, a Musician's badge and comp, drink and food
tickets and a free Musicians shirt.  Directors tell me the band they take
home on Monday isn't the band they brought on Thursday; the growth is
phenomenal.

Thanks!

Grace Perrine
Sacramento Jazz Jubilee Youth Band Coordinator