[Dixielandjazz] Milt Buckner

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Thu Nov 18 22:57:03 PST 2004

Al Singer said :

"I  am  quite sure that Milt Buckner,organist/pianist who played in Hamp's
 band was Teddy's brother, and both came out of Detroit."

Milt stayed with me a few times on his various trips to the UK, usually when
he had a gig at Ronnie Scott's Club in London. I got to know this charming,
gifted genial man very well - when the mood took him he could play
absolutely stunning stride piano. On one occasion he told me that although
he got all the glory for writing Hamp's Boogie Woogie the galling thing was
that Hamp got all the money!

John Farrell