[Dixielandjazz] Art Hodes Centenary

john petters johnpetters at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Nov 16 05:51:25 PST 2004

I didn't notice any mention of Art Hodes Cenetenary on Sunday. Did you all
forget? We marked it at our Stratford festival with a tribute to both Art
and Wild Bill (who died on 14th Nov 1989). Young Allen Beechey did a superb
job on cornet and young Heather Birt was excellent on bass. Here is an
example of two recent comers to the jazz scene who know what it is about,
Martin Litton did the piano duties admirable. The rest of us, Campbell
Burnap, Dave Bailey and mself were able to elaborate the proceedings with
fond memories of these two jazz giants from our Legends of American
Dixieland tour in 1989.

John Petters

Amateur Radio Station G3YPZ

www.traditional-jazz.com