[Dixielandjazz] Transposition question

Mark Bauer jazz_trombone at axint.net
Sat Nov 6 21:58:03 PST 2004

English Horn has the same transposition as French Horn. It sounds a
major fifth lower than written. So if you are playing an english horn
part on Bb clarinet, which sounds a major second lower than written, you
would take the english horn part down a major fourth.

--
"The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn't being
said."