[Dixielandjazz] Re: F2F in Chandler

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Nov 3 18:07:57 PST 2004

     Or, in my bibulous experience in Reno and latterly here in
Austin, 'F2F' would probably mean 'Face to Floor', describing the
approximate rotation of one's physiognomy to the horizontal surface
one was formerly standing upon before the festivities commenced.  An
appropriate lead-time would be a day or two before the event started,
but no fewer than six hours, at least among the musician-set,
assuming of course the availability of cheap (but good) beverages and
complaisant companions.  In this orientation i believe that the lands
of Oz and Austin have a great deal in common.
     I grieve not being able to join the folks in Chandler, but i
shall redouble my efforts to attend the congregation in the future.

     Dan