[Dixielandjazz] Re: Pistol Packin' Mama

LeslieMRag at aol.com LeslieMRag at aol.com
Fri May 21 01:25:50 PDT 2004

Dear Harold:

THANK YOU! You're absolutely right about the tune--it WAS "I Didn't Know the
Gun Was Loaded." Now it's all coming back to me, but I never would have
remembered it without your help. And I had forgotten all about the Mariners. My
mother listened to Godfrey's radio show faithfully for years, including when Max
Morath was on the show. (Doesn't Max have a fabulous voice for radio?) Who knew
at that time that Max would become a family friend after I started the RAG?
What a bonus! And what a small world it is after all.

Leslie Johnson
editor at mississippirag.com OR
lesliemrag at aol.com