[Dixielandjazz] Re: Pistol Packin' Mama

Don Ingle dingle at baldwin-net.com
Thu May 20 10:31:10 PDT 2004

The Godfrey show on radio opened with a muted trombone playing the lead of
"Seems Like Old Times." None other than Lou McGarrity. Also on the band was
Remo Palmieri, the fine jazz guitarist. I believe that among the various
interchanging  house band guys at that time was Bob Haggart who also was
doing the Perry Como TV show at that time. We are talking late 4O's early
50's period.
It was a rare chance to hear a little jazz mixed in with the other pop music
stuff Godgrey featured at that time -- From Pay Boone to LouMcGarrity it was
worth listening in to hear the difference.
Don Ingle