[Dixielandjazz] new member

Brian Towers towers at allstream.net
Tue May 18 21:14:54 PDT 2004

Dear Horace,

Welcome to the DJML from an old friend!    Your experience, jazz scholarship
and writing skills will be much appreciated by us all!   I occasionally wade
in, when time permits, to stir things up and provoke debate.  I will have to
watch my Ps and Qs even more from now on, now that I know you are looking
in.

I will be visiting the UK (on my own)  in early August and you may get a
surprise knock on your door, if i take a trip West.
All is well with us.  The band has just completed 15 years of regular
Saturday matinees at our "C'est what?" jazz club.  A trip to the FQ Festival
in NOLA last month was much enjoyed, and Jan and I played with a good
International pick-up band.  Here in T.O. my band is preparing for two
concerts at the Distillery Jazz Festival this weekend and our show will be
called "100 Years of Waller"  - celebrating his birthday this coming May
21st!   It is likely there will be a CD coming from it.

Once again, it is great to have you on-line and to see you in Cyber-space at
last!  I am sure you will enjoy much pleasure from it but you will suffer
from time to time, when the  "viri" gets into your "hard drive" and your PC
goes "down"    (Better start getting used to all the newjargon!)

Warm regards to Edwina and yourself, from both of us.
Brian & Jan Towers,
Hot Five Jazzmakers
Toronto.