[Dixielandjazz] new member

Horace Harris harris at horacem.freeserve.co.uk
Tue May 18 21:45:59 PDT 2004

Dear members, Am I allowed to say hello? I joined today, having become a computerist since last Easter Sunday, when my daughter delivered to me her computer, having just upgraded. She thought it was time I entered the 21st century. Up till now I have been satisfied with typing my jazz articles on my Brother word processor. I became interested in jazz in 1940, published my first article on jazz in the "Melody Maker" in 1946, and have been writing on and off more or less ever since, latterly in "The American Rag", the Sydney "Quarterly Rag", the London "Just Jazz" and above all, the quarterly "IAJRC Journal". All this is solely to establish my credentials. For some years I have read Bill Gunter's excellent articles in "The American rag" on the subject of this mailing list, without any understanding of what it is really about. I now hope to dive in the deep end. By the way, I have seen and heard Bill with Cell Block 7 at the San Diego Jazz Festival and can confirm that he is a superb washboardist and jazz singer. End of plug. I look forward to being an active member. Horace Meunier Harris.