[Dixielandjazz] Off topic Postings

Harold Smith s3856lpa at webtv.net
Tue May 18 06:45:25 PDT 2004

Hey, Alan, for heaven's sake, don't go.
Your responses have been articulate and meaningful, and we all need an
occasional kick in our political pants.
It's still the USA, Alan, and you've a right to express your feelings.
I thought your comment about the political influences on OKOM, and our
ability to play it in a compatible venue, were quite pertinent.

Further, I appreciated your mentioning the first 16 bars of "Lush Life",
which is among the thousands of songs I can't play.  It is a genuine
masterpiece, and could be classified as a magnificent American art song.

Just keep up your magnificent playing, and continue posting.

Harold Smith

P.S. Jazz should swing and make people happy, but who in hell wants to
be happy these days?