[Dixielandjazz] NERO 6 PLUG-INS

Stan Brager sbrager at socal.rr.com
Wed May 12 18:45:59 PDT 2004

Arnie;

I beg to disagree with you. While one is limited by the musical information stored in the file, it is possible to "enhance" a recording by several techniques. For instance, in the case of a recording who's speed is either too fast or too slow, with the tools available for computers, the music can be sped up or slowed down. Balance can be also enhanced although within the limits of the recorded signal - one can tone down or accentuate the highs, the mid-tones, and/or the bass tones.

There are many other effects available to anyone who wants to use them. Dick Broadie, if he's lurking, can cover this topic more thoroughly. Dick has taken mono recordings and converted them to quite convincing stereo renditions.

I feel that one should begin with a set of ethics about being true to the music. I won't delve into that issue right now.

Stan
Stan Brager
Trombonist-in-Training