[Dixielandjazz] For you across the pond, a query.

Richard E. Onofrey, Jr. reonofreyj at comcast.net
Tue May 11 10:53:26 PDT 2004

From: Bill Gunter
Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2004 10:19 PM

Bill Oakley blasted into the ether:

<snip>

>It was a fellow named Bryan Ferry with a very unique vocal style and
the >band was right out of the 30's.  It was recorded in London so I am
assuming >he is English.  Anyone have any information on Mr. Ferry?

<snip>

I don't know too much about Bryan Ferry, however, he seems to have
recorded just about any style of music to which he sets his mind.  I was
a big fan of Roxy Music back in the '80's (my college years).  In a time
when alternative "music" was questionably music, his compositions were
outstanding.

Rick Onofrey