Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Piano vs. Piano

DWSI at aol.com DWSI at aol.com
Mon May 10 09:39:47 PDT 2004

Steve: Thanks for the very interesting article on pianos. It's ironic that
Steinway is accused of putting their name on the side of the piano to be easily
seen in concert halls. I remember the first name display of this kind I ever
saw was for Bosendorfer in New York's Carnegie Hall. In fact, it was some time
before I noticed Steinway and Baldwin picking up on, what I assumed was, a
Bosendorfer innovation in name building awareness. Again, thanks for the fine
article.

Dan (piano fingers) Spink