[Dixielandjazz] Ed Reed

Harry Epp heppkat at juno.com
Sun May 9 15:33:54 PDT 2004

Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 22:03:24 -0700
From: "WILLIAM HORTON" <WILLIAMHORTON at peoplepc.com>
To: "DJML" <Dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Ed Reed

Hi All:
Is Ed still around? I never knew he worked with the chicag6.  "Is this a
great list!!!!!!!
Harry Epp

Message: 14

Several recent reminisces of Ed Reed remind me, fondly,  of his 8
fabulous
years with Chicago Six.  Leader Bob Finch has a knack for picking great
reed
players.  Like such luminaries as Ed, Bobby Gordon, and Bob McKewen.  Not
too shabby picking trombonists, trumpeters and pianists, either, come to
think of it!  However, he's hung on to the only other original C-6er,
drummer John Hall, the best since Krupa in my book.

Bill Horton