[Dixielandjazz] Re: Cleaning 78s

Don Ingle dingle at baldwin-net.com
Sun May 9 11:11:28 PDT 2004

Don't know if it is still sold these days, but there was a product to clean
vinyl LP/45's on the market called "Discwasher." Have not seen it in years
since finding anyone carrying LP's is hard enough these days except in
specialty shops. But it worked well when I used it 20 and more years ago. I
have also used a light solution of detergent and distilled water (tap water
may leave mineral deposits.)
With CD I burn a backup copy and run it until it gets worn, then I reburn
another from the original.
Bought 100 CD's at local electronics store at a cost of  19 cents each.
Good enough for listening copies.
Don Ingle