[Dixielandjazz] A fine vocalist - Diane Linscott

Craig Johnson civanj at adelphia.net
Sat May 1 17:25:29 PDT 2004

Dan Augustine just mentioned the site cdbaby.com.
It reminded me that I've wanted to recommend to this
list a vocalist with 3 cds on that site. Diane Linscott.

We in Maine have the great pleasure of hearing Diane
Linscott of this state (and folks in Florida have the
same pleasure during the winter months.) She is a really
fine vocalist and I recommend you check out
her 3 CDs  on that site: (There are sound clips))
"I Love Being Here With You" http://cdbaby.com/linscott
--- with the Mike Petrone Trio
"Singin' Around". http://cdbaby.com/linscott2
"Alone/Together" http://cdbaby.com/linscott3

Although mostly ballads, these also do display some of
her "uptempo" singing.
(I kinda like "Frm Fram Sauce" on the first one listed.,
but they're all good.)

For more of the latter, check out her vocals on
Jazzology label JCD-242
http://www.jazzology.com/item_detail.php?id=JCD-242
"The Jazz Hot Ensemble" with
Dan Livinson, Cl, c-mel sax, Andy Stein, vn, Hank Ross pn,
James Chirillo, gt, Vince Giordano, bs, and Stan Levine,dr
Unfortunately that page has no sound clips.

Regards,
Craig Johnson