[Dixielandjazz] Re:Southern California N. O. Jazz Band needed.

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 26 19:01:22 PST 2004

> "Dave Gravatt" <dave at creolejazz.com> wrote from MISSOURI
>
> Greetings. I just came home to a message on my answering machine from a guy
> in Riverside, CA who had stumbled upon our website and is looking for a New
> Orleans style jazz band to play his daughter's wedding (somewhere) in
> Southern California. If anyone is interested and thinks they can help this
> guy, just reply and I'll send you his contact info. Thanks.

So much for the general popularity of OKOM in California where there must be many,
many, many, many bands playing this music. Apparently not playing it where the real
people are. If Dave in Missouri, 1500 miles away, is more visible on the N.O. Jazz
Radar Screen than all the California Bands, perhaps a re-do of some web sites might
be in order?

If nobody replies Dave, send the info to me. I'll quote $12,000. Who knows, they
might be able to afford it.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone