[Dixielandjazz] NOLA and the FQ FEST

Brian Towers towers at allstream.net
Tue Mar 30 19:16:42 PST 2004

Tom,

Watch out for the Toronto based Magnolia Brass Band in The Friday morning
parade - we are gonna try and make it  - some Canadians but help from the
English, the Danes, the Dutch and the Americans in making up our numbers!
Yours truly will be a member - at the front on trombone - hopefully  we can
persuade our parade marshall to make the trip, otherwise I will be leading
'em all astray!

I am leading the "Kid Bastien Remembered" Band - an International pick-up
group - we have a couple of sets at Fritzel's bar at 733 Bourbon and we are
on the International stage on Sunday.
Hope its warmer than last year, when the Wednesday and Thursday were cold
enough to severely embarrass a brass monkey, if you get my meaning!
Thankfully it was up to normal by the Friday - blissfully sunny and warm -
what a delightful thought!
Cheers,
Brian Towers
Hot Five Jazzmakers