[Dixielandjazz] Historical OKOM site - song history

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Tue Mar 30 18:58:41 PST 2004

In a message dated 3/30/04 9:29:26 AM Pacific Standard Time, csuhor at zebra.net
writes:

> I agree with Sue. If a project is launched it would be good to select a
> site that seems most vital to jazz history, is affordable, has potential
> for the kind of uses that you envision, etc.

Hi Charlie:

I too agree, I just mentioned that I was going down there and would make it a
po int to check it out along with any other viable opportunities,   I am sure
there are many other historical places that could use restoration.   We have
to first see where the Political and economic winds are blowing before leaping
into such a long distance undertaking.

After all New Orleans should have done it long ago, but perhaps politically
they chose not to do so, as often happens in major cities with other
redevelopment plans for high rise hotels and office buildings etc. that would be far
more lucrative for them then protecting and preserving history.

The worst thing that will happen is I will enjoyu a lot of good music and eat
too much good food and leave some California money in New Orleans.   If I am
lucky I will get to meet some of the folks on this list while there.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins