[Dixielandjazz] BMI

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Sun Mar 28 23:38:33 PST 2004

In a message dated 3/28/04 6:44:27 PM Pacific Standard Time, acjspres at aol.com
writes:

> I know a couple of musicians who get a very nice royalty check every three
> months from BMI because songs they have written have been recorded and are
> played often. Why not just pay the tab? Our jazz society just pays the bill
> avoid legal hassles down the road.

Dear Joe With all due respect I would like to know who they are and
congratulate them personally, they are indeed in the rare exceptions, or they are
prominent recording artist in the in clique for whatever reason.

   Some guys are indeed at the right place at the right time, however
regarding ASCAP AND BMI  the ones on the other side of the fence are more often the
norm.

They are also so screwed up that I have very successful clients who do indeed
get royualty checks fromt hem because they were such big stars that they
cannot be ignored, I also however am aware of one of them who had Twenty Million
Dollars in his bank  checking account way back in 1990, who has royalty checks
going to another client of mine with the same legal name as him, who is a
Grammy Winning artists and producer who never got a check for five cents for his
own work who gets a royalty check from BMI every three months from the other
clients account.

Damned If I will blow the whistle on it.   It is Politics Joe simply
politics.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins