Fw: [Dixielandjazz] Listening to different kinds of music

Craig Johnson civanj at adelphia.net
Thu Mar 25 14:27:44 PST 2004

  I agree with most of what Charlie Suhor wrote; except that there
is value in ---
"-- popular & rap, but I believe there's  value in all music that's well
played."
I consider this to be untrue based on its assumption
that rap is music. or by extension,  that a "scratch" turntable is a
musical instrument. --

Now a washboard --  That! is a musical instrument.

Of course if you consider Phil Harris to have been one of
the first rap artists, I shall retract my concern.

OKOM context:  "Dirty Mother For Ya"
Regards,
Craig
-- curmudgeon extraordinaire.