[Dixielandjazz] Suffer The Children - violinist Russell

Nancy Giffin nancyink at ulink.net
Tue Mar 23 16:30:06 PST 2004

From: Stephen Barbone <barbonestreet at earthlink.net>
(excerpt)
<<   "... This summer, we are adding an 8 year old jazz violinist to our
group for
3 gigs so far. Jonathan Russell, who is a wonderful player. He has
played (sat in) with. Paris Washboard, Pearl Django, Grove Street
Stompers, Chicago Six, Bearcats etc. (Google search for Jonathan
Russell) His busy schedule and distance from us (120 miles) prevents us
working with him even more. He will be at N.O. Jazz & Heritage Festival
in May for those who might be visiting. Well worth your time to see/hear
him...The kicker? Our gigs are paying gigs for him, not sit-in gigs..." >>

AND Jonathan's dad, Jim Russell, is (was?) a DJMLer.
I've raved about young Jonathan twice before on this list,
and I'm happy he's making his way to your area --
sounds great! Besides being talented and dedicated to jazz,
what a cute kid!
One more time, his website is at: http://www.jonathanjazz.com